• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S2 will not work with ADB

MikePhoenix

Feb 28, 2010
I have tried everything suggested in the tutorial in this forum. I followed all the instructions and ADB simply will not recognize this device that I purchased through T-Mobile. I have attempted it on 3 different systems. PDANet doesn't recognize the device when I try to install it. Samsung technical support was absolutely useless.

If you want a device for development, I would suggest staying away from Samsung.

Just tried it with my old Nexus One and it worked without a hitch. So it is not a problem with the way I have the SDK setup, it is a problem with the Samsung device.

Well that's strange. Did you use the same cable with both phones? Are you using the usb cable that came with the GS2?

Try these drivers and see if it makes any difference. They are older drivers and I'm not sure it would help.

Upvote 0
Sure thing, but I can't take any credit. It was the automatic update that had the added benefit of updating to Android 4.0.4. Not sure if there was a problem with the 2.3.3 version that was originally installed on the T-Mobile release of the Galaxy SII or if Samsung and/or T-Mobile put in a fix with the update. I find it hard to believe that I'm the only one who ever had this problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones