• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help samsung galaxy s2

dheath

Lurker
Aug 3, 2011
hello, this is my first post on here and i have tried looking for the problem before posting but cannot find the solution,

I have a samsung s2, and every time i get a sms message it reads on the number where the sms has come from!

How do i stop this??????

Please help!!

Cheers

I was meaning that it reads out the number like it plays the noitfaction ringtone, it doesnt say the name of the person it just reads out there number, and when the phone rings it plays the ringtone, then half way through it does say the name of the caller, how do i disable this??????

Hope this makes sense!

Upvote 0
I was meaning that it reads out the number like it plays the noitfaction ringtone, it doesnt say the name of the person it just reads out there number, and when the phone rings it plays the ringtone, then half way through it does say the name of the caller, how do i disable this??????

Hope this makes sense!

perhaps its the voice application feature? try exploring your SMS settings. . :)

Upvote 0
Thankyou 'unspankable'
i have tried everything but didnt realised that it was all connect to the driving mode
if any one has had the same trouble, you need to go to
-settings
-voice input and output
-text-to-speech settings
-driving mode settings
- or just click on the driving mode 'tick'

Hope this helps helps anyone else with the same problem! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones