• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S4 cannot update due to "Not enough memory"

Pitwulf

Lurker
Oct 24, 2013
Dear phandroid community,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 with Vodafone (Netherlands) as my carrier. Since Tuesday there has been a new system update available. I have downloaded it but I cannot install it. Everytime I want to install it it gives the message "Not enough memory space on phone/SD card". It requires 44 MB yet I have much more than this.

Even after deleting songs, apps, cache for almost every app, images and SMS and WhatsApp threads it still gives me the same message. I have 815 MB of free space right now.

I also tried restarting my phone and connecting it to the charger while installing it but still no success.

I do not have an external SD card in my phone.

Please can somebody help me with this?

With the phone turned off, let's charge it up to 100%. Then turn the phone on. Next, plug it in. Now try to install it. If it still won't install, try this:
From the Home Screen:
Tap Menu
Tap Settings
Tap the My Device tab
Tap Storage
Scroll to and tap Storage Location
It should be set to Internal Storage. Let's tap Internal Storage if it's not selected. Then try downloading again.

If Storage isn't under the My Devices tab, it should be under the More tab. Sorry, I'm going by memory, and I don't have a device with me so I can't check.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones