• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung galaxy s6 won't boot after reset

DjQuinn

Lurker
Apr 30, 2017
Hey,

I resetted my phone this morning, but since then I can't get it to boot anymore. The only thing I can do is get it to download mode, and I can't install the original os while in that mode.

Does anyone know a way to fix this?

I already tried installing the original os via odin.

I'd double check to make sure you have the latest firmware for your device. Some devices (namely carrier-branded devices) have lock bootloaders and will not let you downgrade to a previous OS if the OS you're trying to flash ran a different bootloader version. For instance, on my AT&T Galaxy S7, I could upgrade to the latest marshmallow firmware [APK1] but I could still downgrade to the previous firmware (APJ4) if I wanted to).

I'd also check to make sure the model no. of your device and the model no. on the firmware package(s) match up.

While you're at it, can you provide the log given by Odin after it fails to flash (all the text in the box on the bottom left of the frame)

Cheers!

Edit: If your phone is not a carrier branded device / is an international model, you maybe able to download the latest firmware for your device using SamFirm created by zxz0O0 at XDA. If it finds a package for your phone, It can download it at maximum speeds, you can also select the "Binary Nature" option to download the .pit file as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones