• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Cases

There's an existing thread for the S7 cases,however,to avoid the possibility of someone ordering the wrong case for their phone,I thought I'd start a case thread specifically for the S7 EDGE.

I'd previously stated that I was going commando w/a transparent body skin,but found that while holding/using the S7 Edge,I was having too many accidental touches/etc.....
( Yes,apparently there's such a thing as too little bezel,who'da thunk such a thing :oops: :paperbagdroid: :D )
So,in the meantime,until the OEM Samsung Leather Case is available:
http://www.mobilefun.com/58017-official-samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-leather-cover-black.htm

58017.jpg

I'm using an INCIPIO TPU Case that I picked up from T-Mobile:
http://www.incipio.com/cases/smartp.../twill-block-samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-case.html
Qkz2brPl.jpg

I am using the Spigen Neo Hybrid case - the same model I had on the GS6 Edge.

http://www.spigen.com/collections/g...y-s7-edge-case-neo-hybrid?variant=12164611841
s7_edge_nh_title_gunmetal_6ae83d28-1292-4087-b0bb-b96b0177167b_grande.jpg

I may also give a try to the Tough Armor and Slim Armor cases from Spigen as well to see if I like a bulkier grip:

Tough Armor - I had this for the Note4 and the hard edges on the back would wear on my fingers after holding the phone for a while. but the phone felt very solid with this case.

http://www.spigen.com/collections/g...-s7-edge-case-tough-armor?variant=11972837633

s7_edge_ta_title_smoblk_grande.jpg

Slim Armor - I like this one for the curved edges but I had this one for the Note 4 and the rounded edges along with the flush buttons made the phone feel very slippery in the hands.

http://www.spigen.com/collections/g...y-s7-edge-case-slim-armor?variant=11972954241

s7_edge_sa_title_metslate_grande.jpg

Upvote 0
Spigen neo-hybrid here too. On both my old Galaxy S6 edge (now my wife's) as well as the new Galaxy S7 edge.
I liked the cut of the case' s outer band on the Galaxy S6 edge a little more than the version for the S7 edge. Anyone else notice the difference I am I being too picky.

Haha, that's funny - I have the exact same cases on both the GS6e and GS7e. You're not being picky IMHO.. I notice it too - the GS6e case seems to come out a little more and I think I feel like there's a better grip with it. Maybe it's the bigger size of the phone?

I did receive the other two cases (Tough & Slim Armor) and I have tried them both. They both look real nice with the phone in it. The Tough Armor isn't much bigger than the Slim Armor. However, there was one thing I wasn't crazy about the Slim Armor, and that is how rounded the edges are which makes it slippery in my hands. I mentioned above that I experienced that when I had it on my Note 4. On the GS7e, even though it's a better grip than the Note 4 since the roundness is not as pronounced, it still just feels a bit more slippery than I would like.

On the other hand, the Tough Armor gives you a far better grip since the edges are angled. I like how it feels in my hand better but time will tell whether or not my hands get tired of the sharpness of the angles. I like it for now and I think I will keep this on and then change it up every now and then with the Neo Hybrid.

I have the black version of the Tough Armor and the hard backing feels like there is a coating to make it grippy which is nice. The one I had before for the Note 4 was the champagne colored one and it was totally smooth - too smooth if you ask me.

So for now, my preference of these three cases is the Tough Armor on top, followed closely by the Neo Hybrid and then the Slim Armor which I like the look, but I think it's to slippery for me.

However, for people who prefer slim cases, these wouldn't be for you. lol

Upvote 0
The whole point of the S7 Edge is the sleek streamline looks and slimmed down size which is a major selling point of this phone. However when you put a bulky case on it, not only does it defeat the two points above, it looks like any other bulky phone out there... "What brand/model did you say you had again?" your friends ask... Sheesh, even my wife... waited months for last years Rose Gold iPhone to come out as she "had" to have that color... then the same day she got the phone, she put a case on it! What was the point of waiting for the Rose Gold color??? "I might drop the phone you all say". Well, I don't do stupid things like put them in my back pocket, hold them when using the sink/toilet, talk with the phone on my shoulder while tying my shoes, nor use phone when walking on pavement or sidewalks, hence, my last five phones do not have ONE scratch or smudge on them. That said, out of my past five phones, other than putting a skin on one, I left it as they were. Simply too nice looking to ruin with a case. However, since the S4, Samsung did away with colors and stuck with the plain silver/black/white and now gold. How DULL!!! Solution was to paint them! I put a Dbrand skin on the front of my Note 4 and painted the back housing. Looked pretty nice and didn't take away from the sleek style either. So, I'm doing it again with this S7 Edge as it is a fingerprint magnet and a tad slippery in the hand. So, I just ordered from:.
https://dbrand.com/shop/galaxy-s7-edge
PurpleCarbonSkin2.jpg

Oh yeah, you can still tell this is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and not another bulky looking phone....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think the "thinness" of the phone is really for the benefit of the owner, and not for the looks, and frankly, I see the whole point of the GS7 Edge to be the edge screen. The glass back is nice to look at, but I've yet to hear someone say - wow, that's such a beautiful glass back. The comments are always about the curved screen. That being said, I agree that some people like the way it looks and don't want to cover it up, which is totally fine - because overall the phone does indeed look great. I personally just am not that much into looks and more into functionality. I can tell you right now that if the phone looked like the way it does, but it didn't have the microSD slot, had a standard HD screen, a Snapdragon 800, and 2GB of RAM - I would NOT have bought the phone.

I know people keep saying things like "I don't do stupid things like this or that" - but if we were the only ones that we were concerned with handling the phone, then that's one thing. But you can't control other people - those who walk or knock into you or even your friends who may ask to use your phone one day. I personally would be terrified to hand over my naked phone to someone else to use.

Reactions: Snakeyeskm
Upvote 0
Oh, don't get me wrong KupKrazy, I bought the phone for the same reasons you did AND for the looks... however the only one that gets to "touch" my phone is my wife and she is in bed when she does that (playing on her iPhone) so I'm safe. Let someone else use my phone? ...never! As most of them have their own phones anyways. I don't use my phone around other people like I won't have the phone out when walking on sidewalks or pavement. How else do you think my last five phones survived without a scratch? Heck what did you all do when you only had landlines? Didn't drop those did you? Oh yeah, those were all on tables. I can rant on and on about rude people abusing cell phones in public... ;)

Three of my last five phones... no cases on 'em:
3Samsung.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm playing a lot of game on my phone. While the S7 Edge feels and look premium, I find it is not that comfortable to hold and not very secure in hands.

I ordered a Spigen Neo Hybrid and a Caseology Parallax. Will decide which one I keep and which one I resell for cheap when I try them on.

It's a shame we have to cover these beauties, but we wouldn't have to if phone companies didn't insist on such stupidities as glass backs. I'd much prefer a sturdy metal back or another quality, grippy back material. Then again, grippy backs still doesn't protect against drop on the face side.

As for skins...to be honnest, I much prefer the look of many cases to skins, which often feel cheap, in my opinion...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kandie Wood
Upvote 0
I just ordered from:.
https://dbrand.com/shop/galaxy-s7-edge
PurpleCarbonSkin2.jpg

Oh yeah, you can still tell this is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and not another bulky looking phone....

Bodyguardz has skins that do precisely what you want, unfortunately they have not yet come out with their versions for the Galaxy S7/7 edge. You can check out their skins for the Galaxy S6 edge. You will see a considerable variety of skins that substantially improve grip. I have used their skin for my Galaxy S6 edge (applied only to the back of the phone) for quite some time.
Well... Dbrand is on the ball and have lot's of "SKIN" choices for the S7 Edge ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My fingerprint magnet glass back has two "big" things on it that I do not like.

VERISON
SAMSUNG

So I'll put a dbrand or similar sticker over that mainly to cut down on fingerprints. That said I've been using a temp case which I got a Best Buy. It's very thin and flexible black rubberish type of material and it has cut down on the accidental touches while pulling it out of my pocket. That had been a bit of a problem, so I may leave the case on or go with a Toast wood back when available.

Upvote 0
Yep I know but just because its textured doesnt mean it has grip. I think the only way to get true grip is the material of the skin needs to be rubber or silicone in nature. I even called Bodygaurdz which you suggested and they even said that their skins are more for scratch protection but dont really provide extra grip. This is amazing that the product im looking for doesnt exist. Egrips is another option but that is just simply little pieces that you stick in various spots on your phone - not really a skin

Upvote 0
I've got the Spigen Neo Hybrid Crystal, Spigen Liquid Crystal, and a VRS case that is similar in design to Spigen's Neo Hybrid Crystal. They're all nice cases but Spigen's Neo Hybrid Crystal is my daily. I like that the bumper provides a bit more drop protection than the Liquid Crystal.

The VRS is very similar to the Neo Hybrid Crystal but the bumper comes up a fair bit higher around the sides than Spigen's offering, giving the illusion of "more case" and somehow taking a little bit away from the side view of the curved screen. To its credit, the VRS case has nice metallic buttons that match the phone's finish, where Spigen's case has clear buttons that overlay the phone's buttons. All in all, I still prefer Spigen's case, but just by a hair.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones