• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy S7 with Android 7 Nougat: Apps does not notify or are very late

Mestika

Jul 8, 2010
Hi all,

after my S7 has been upgraded to Android 7 Nougat, some of my more crucial apps such as gmail, Google Keep, Any.do and my calendar, does not gives reminders and notifications.

At first, I thought it might be the "new" feature Doze, even though it has been around size Android 6 Marshmallow. However, after disable the Battery optimisation for those apps, they still either does not notify or comes hours after a reminder has been set (it sometimes seems like it only kicks in and start syncing after I activate the phone)

It has already costed me some missed meetings and appointments.

Can anyone shed some light about what's going on with this update and how do I bring back the "sync" and "notifications"?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones