• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy SIIx

Pantharen

Lurker
Aug 20, 2012
I am on the Canadian Koodo network (subsidiary of Telus), I have the Galaxy IIx. So far I like it, However, I dont like that it doesn't work with my bluetooth Motorola hands-free device. It says it is connected & paired...

My last phone was a LG Chat, and all I had to do was press the button on my BT and say "call home" and it would call home. I tell my Galaxy to call home, and it says "network not found" so I am assuming that to be able to use my Bluetooth, is it is required to be attached to a wireless network?? I really dislike having my phone on the network all the time, I dont have a data plan.

Is there a way I can access my hands free BT without going online??

I dont want to use the Google Voice commands. I want my Bluetooth to work. It is illegal in my province to use a cell phone while driving. I can manually look up a number, and have it connect and talk via my bluetooth, I just can't tell it to call "home" and have it connect with my home phone.

*WHEN* I am caught talking on a cell phone, the fines & problems it causes are almost as bad a DUI charge. The fines start at $200.

Upvote 0
The phone uses Google's built in voice recognition software which needs internet to work. Basically you need a connection so that it will recognize the "call home" command. Basically, its like Siri, you need an internet connection for it to work.

This app claims to be able to synthesize voice without internet. You can try it, or just pay for that data plan.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KnJSoftware.VoiceCommander&hl=en

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones