• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Tab A Update Failed

I ran a software update on my wife's Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 tablet. Everything seemed fine until the restart, the message was that the update failed. Then when rebooted only get a black screen with text that includes gold text at top: Android Recovery; MMB29K.T580UEU2APL4; samsung/gtax1wifixx/gtax1wifi; 6.0.1/MMB29k/T580UEU2APL4; user/release-keys; Use volume up/down and power.
The options below that in blue text: Reboot system now; Reboot to bootloader; Apply update from ADB; Apply update from SD card; Wipe data/factory reset; Wipe cache partition; Mount /system; View recovery logs; Power off. There is white and red text at bottom of screen: White text: No support SINGLE-SKU; Supported API: 3. Red Text: dm-verify verification faild...; Need to check DTK first...

I have no idea what to do next. Wipe is not an option! My wife has a tod of critical work on tablet... How should I proceed to resolve this issue?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones