• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Tab resets itself and many other problems.

SammyLP250

Lurker
Dec 16, 2012
Hello. I joined this forum to see if maybe you all could help me diagnose and/or solve this problem with my mother's Galaxy Tab. It is the SCH-I800 model. I think that is the original one. It is running firmware version 2.3.5

1. The first problem is that it would not install apps. They would download, but then when it got to the installation part it there would always be an error. This is mostly with games and app updates.

2. The second problem is that apps would randomly crash. Mostly it was Gmail or Maps. While working with it for a while and factory resetting it, I was able to get it to a point where apps would finally update and install. But still every app that I would try to open would crash and give me the options "Force Close/Send Report". The only app that seems to be working is some third party game that was installed on it.

3. Now the third problem is that every time the tablet is turned off, it resets back to the original settings. It has the initial setup wizard and everything. All the apps that were downloaded and installed prior to turning off the device would get erased and all the apps the were erased would end up coming back. For example, I would uninstall an unneccesary app from the phone, but I would install something like Facebook. Once I turn the phone off and turn it back on, The setup wizard would come on. Then the Facebook app would be gone and the app that I erased initially would be back. Do that make any sense?

4. Now I'm at the point where it comes on. But now the market has disappeared from the applications list. I can find it by adding it to the home screen, but I cannot download any apps as there is always an error message.

I'm not familiar with the Android platform (I'm an iPhone user) so I don't know how to use this device very well. But if I can get it working for my mother again she would appreciate it very much. I'm starting to think that she may just have to get a newer tablet.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones