• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy tablet stuck in ODIN MODE

mrtattoo82

Lurker
Mar 25, 2016
Recently rooted my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. Everything was going great, I downloaded the programs needed for my tablet to be rooted, then one night I was just checking my emails when the battery died on me. When I powered it back on it went to a screen saying stuck in ODIN MODE.
The top left corner says:
(in red writing) could not do normal boot.
(also in red) ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SCH-I705
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Offical
(in gray writing) QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
(also gray) BOOTLOADER RP SWREV: 1

Underneath the wiring is a green Android man saying "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!"

It's been like this for about a week, I've tried the volumn button plus power to try and boot into a different loading screen. It won't load bios, safe mode or anything else except for this screen. (If the my question isn't clear, I'm wondering how to get out of this "ODIN MODE" page. Also what is ODIN exactly so I can prevent this from happening again.) Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20160325_203307.jpg
    IMG_20160325_203307.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Try the download at the Sammobile link. Under the download tabs for the firmware is instructions to flash and a link to Odin 3.10.
Same instructions as guide I link to but AP slot has replaced PDA that was in version 3.7.

If Download mode is all that tab will boot into Odin is only thing that will work.
Free download at Sammobile takes about a hour after you create free account.

If you happen to know the serial number of the tab Kies3 may work but a long shot. It uses the device model number plus serial number as two step verification before it will flash device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones