• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Y and Gaming

Try downloading some and give it a try. ;) It can probably do up to SNES. Not sure about others though. Doing a Google search I noticed several different models for the Y. Here's the one I looked at:

Samsung Galaxy Y specs

The 240x320 screen resoultion may prevent you from running some eumlators, I'm not quite sure what the exact resolutions these older consols ran the games at though. I highly doubt you'll be able to do any PSX games though.

Upvote 0
@blackkids5 how sure are ya? If you say that they work, then I'm in heaven!
Anyway tried Gameboid and it works on it too. This spiffy little thing is a gift from Samsung.

Let's try to compile more compatible games/emulators for this gadget!

For example, I've read somewhere on a review that Zenonia 3 doesn't work on this thing, but it worked on an Sony XPeria X8 which has lower specs(based on proc speed and ram). See, let's put in a most comprehensive list!

Upvote 0
Hi!! I actually have a Samsung Galaxy Y as well (just bought it within the week) and here's some of the games I've downloaded that work on the device:

- Fruit Ninja Free
- Pumpkins VS Monsters
- Stardash Free
- YooNinja Free

Also a quick plug-in, our team's latest game; Starstruck, is also tested to run on the Samsung Galaxy Y (because we also used it as our test device as we developed the game) so you can try getting that as well. Here's the link to the thread where you can get the download link for the game: http://androidforums.com/android-games/448801-free-game-starstruck.html

Upvote 0
Try downloading some and give it a try. ;) It can probably do up to SNES. Not sure about others though. Doing a Google search I noticed several different models for the Y. Here's the one I looked at:

Samsung Galaxy Y specs

The 240x320 screen resoultion may prevent you from running some eumlators, I'm not quite sure what the exact resolutions these older consols ran the games at though. I highly doubt you'll be able to do any PSX games though.

Thanks for the link!:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones