• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung GT-N5100/GT5110 7 inch Galaxy Note

I like what I see and read about the 8.0 Note but will have to wait for the unveiling to see if Samsung provides additional software tweaks to make it worthwhile to get. Especially since the Note 2 is more than enough for me, but then again, never say never lol

TS

Plus, you already have the 10.1, TS!...LOL. I was hoping there'd also be a 64gb version, but I'll take the 32 for sure. And hopefully, if my 50% off coupons expire by the time it's released, they'll issue another one when I register the Note 8.0, so I can swoop up more OEM accessories.

Upvote 0
Don't get me started on OEM accessories. :( That's the only thing that Samsung in my opinion has not fulfilled. Still waiting for that damn Multi-dock thingy which is always out of stock. I refuse to buy it at full price.

Oh and yeah I do have the 10.1 Note lol, and although I haven't used it as much, but when I do I fall in love with it all over again.

Speaking of memory, just wish Samsung would implement removable memory on tablets. They can charge out of the wazoo for the memory modules but at least that would allow customers to upgrade their device as they see fit and not worry or hold off on waiting for a 32 64 or 126 version.

If not, then at least allow a full usb port and the necessary drivers to allow to use external flash memory like Windows does.

TS

Upvote 0
Don't get me started on OEM accessories. :( That's the only thing that Samsung in my opinion has not fulfilled. Still waiting for that damn Multi-dock thingy which is always out of stock. I refuse to buy it at full price.

Oh and yeah I do have the 10.1 Note lol, and although I haven't used it as much, but when I do I fall in love with it all over again.

Speaking of memory, just wish Samsung would implement removable memory on tablets. They can charge out of the wazoo for the memory modules but at least that would allow customers to upgrade their device as they see fit and not worry or hold off on waiting for a 32 64 or 126 version.

If not, then at least allow a full usb port and the necessary drivers to allow to use external flash memory like Windows does.

TS

Yeah, that would be pretty awesome, if they could implement removable memory on tablets.

The latest that I read was that Samsung wasn't having an "announcement" at MWC, so now the speculations is if they'll just hold a separate event announcing all of the new devices for 2013.

Upvote 0
I wonder which version is going to be sold in the US or if all of the variations will be sold:

Galaxy Note 8.0 will ship with 3G, LTE, and WiFi options

I'm thinking that the major US providers would want to sell any 3G or 3G+LTE variation directly through their own respective stores, but I'd love to be able to purchase a 3G+LTE variation for Sprint without needing to commit to one of the ridiculously priced tablet plans.

Basically, there are just 3 things I'm waiting on for this tablet, at this point:

1) How much for the highest internal memory version?
2) When will it be available for me to purchase at Best Buy?
3) What Samsung OEM accessories will they have for it that I can use my 50% off coupon with?

Upvote 0
Hahahahaha... this is ridiculous:

note-8-phone-call.jpg

If there is a device that I'd use a bluetooth headset in 24/7 it is this one. But US is only getting wifi version, so no problem for me.

Posted from my G-Note II.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones