• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung J7 SHUTS DOWN

ATACAT

Lurker
Aug 5, 2018
Samsung J7 (AT&T) was a great cell phone until a month ago. Started randomly shutting down and would not restart. Had to remove cover and battery and reinsert same, then would work for a few minutes and then die again. None of the so-called on-line tricks worked. My guess is that a recent Samsung update was flawed either intentionally (to get you to buy a new phone) or just plain lousy programming. AT&T could not honor a replacement. Instead they are providing me with a less capable LG. At least THEY have a good policy. Samsung is no longer my favorite manf. Instead of manufacture, I could call them mangler. Now running the phone is so-called SAFE MODE which is essentially useless until I get the LG.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones