• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Moment 2.1 Dial Screen Issues

Tina Kiz

Oct 21, 2010
I have been checking for recent threads about cronic issues of dial screen problems with mute/speaker activated accidentally. I just got my phone in last 2 months and am not technically advanced enough so fear rooting my phone...dealer said it will invalidate my warrantee. My phone is already 2.1, and this issue was SUPPOSED to be resolved :(. Are there any work arounds for the Moments crappy dial screen?? I hate that I have to hit back button to disable buttons that I never use anyway. And when the screen is gone...it is a pain to bring back the dial screen if I need to use dial tones, since the keypad letters do not work on phone system prompts because they don't activate keytones. Is there any good (not buggy) work around dial screen applications for this other than rooting my phone?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones