• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Taking a screen shot?

I occasionally want to take a screen shot on my new Pixel 7 Pro. The issue is that the method described for so doing, i.e., pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously, does not work. I see the Power Off options and the volume goes down. The only thing I have gotten to work is double-tapping the back of the phone.

However, I really don’t like this method. I much preferred the method on my Android 10 phone – hold the power button, then touch the icon. Is there any way to get this functionality on my new phone? Why on earth do the idiots at google change things that have worked perfectly for years?

Have you tried this? It's off my Pixel 7 - Settings>System>Gestures The double tap is all I see as an alternative.
That's all I see - was hoping to be able to attach this functionality to the power button or one fo the pull-down commands.

there is also:
wipe up from the bottom of the screen to the Recents screen; you'll see a button for Screenshot at the bottom of the screen
I have disabled swipe navigation, so this does nothing.

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones