• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

samsung or new asus transformer 2- a dilemna!

Depends how much you need a tablet. If you can wait you can wait for Transformer 2. What that means though, is that when Transformer 2 is launched a Galaxy Tab 10.1 2 will be announced and you will be thinking about the choice again. You will be ready to buy SGT 10.1 2 and then Transformer 3 will be announced so yo uwill decide to wait, and so on and so forth.

Simple answer is: If you need a Tablet SGT 10.1 is the best device available at the moment. Buy it, use it, enjoy it. In a year or two there will be a new generation of tablets - much more powerful and better - then you will upgrade.

Reactions: erry
Upvote 0
Thanks. That makes sense!...

Ok then, looking at it this way then, given that the transformer 2 is only a few weeks away, is there that much difference in the core processors to warrant waiting?! Is it that much of a step up? Or will the difference be negligable?! Also. Is there a timescale for ICS. Coming to SGT?

Upvote 0
Thanks. That makes sense!...

Ok then, looking at it this way then, given that the transformer 2 is only a few weeks away, is there that much difference in the core processors to warrant waiting?! Is it that much of a step up? Or will the difference be negligable?! Also. Is there a timescale for ICS. Coming to SGT?

There will be a difference in watching movies and some CPU intensive tasks.

CPU speed however, is not the only criterion to look at when buying a device. The question is what you need fro mthe tablet and how you are going to use it.

I bought the SGT 10.1 because it is thin, lightweight, has good battery life and has a great screen. Transformer 1 did not have these things and that is why I did not buy it.

Upvote 0
thanks for you help btw.!

it will mainly be used for a few areas....

web surfing by me and the wife
kids watching films on-- and using the 'educational/ games apps'

but also i like to get in and tinker and customize things-- (i recently rooted my htc desire-- and quite enjoy that sort of thing)

so i will be downloading stuff, customising it-- keeping music and films on there, playing games and emulators etc.

my laptop although a few years old- does still work to a certain degree- so i do have access to windows and a keyboarded computer when i need it.

i do really like the look and feel of the samsung- i just don't want to commit to that-- but then in a months time realise that the transformer 2 is 'lightyears' ahead (if that makes sense)

Upvote 0
thanks for you help btw.!

it will mainly be used for a few areas....

web surfing by me and the wife
kids watching films on-- and using the 'educational/ games apps'

but also i like to get in and tinker and customize things-- (i recently rooted my htc desire-- and quite enjoy that sort of thing)

so i will be downloading stuff, customising it-- keeping music and films on there, playing games and emulators etc.

my laptop although a few years old- does still work to a certain degree- so i do have access to windows and a keyboarded computer when i need it.

i do really like the look and feel of the samsung- i just don't want to commit to that-- but then in a months time realise that the transformer 2 is 'lightyears' ahead (if that makes sense)

It will not be light years ahead, just have a faster CPU/ GPU. Nothing else.

If you can wait, and really like the T2 wait for it.

Upvote 0
It will not be light years ahead, just have a faster CPU/ GPU. Nothing else.
Actually it will be the lightest and thinest tablet on the market, along with great standby time as the the special fifth core will consume very little power when the screen is off. Plus it will be the fastest by a good margin, about 7x faster than the TF 101. There should be no lag at all with any app. I hope they make a 3G or LTE version, but I probably won't buy it as I'm happy with my Tab as it is.
:D

Reactions: erry
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones