• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Pulls Captivate Update Page After News Leaked

What would a real point be behind showing a page like that early? It's not like you need to test it in a public domain or anything. If it's for testing purposes, why not just require an authorization password or something? This is ridiculous, AT&T should stop teasing us with support pages and release the damn update!

Upvote 0
What would a real point be behind showing a page like that early? It's not like you need to test it in a public domain or anything. If it's for testing purposes, why not just require an authorization password or something? This is ridiculous, AT&T should stop teasing us with support pages and release the damn update!

Let's cut to the chase. Another in a string of Samsung F-ups. Obviously an internal test that was inadvertently made public. One of the poorest run organizations I've ever been exposed to.

Corporate leadership is not defined by a title, but rather by actions. Just as being a father isn't the same as being a parent.

Upvote 0
I really hope that those of us with the Captivate (at least those on this forum, whether root/flash or not) will boycott Samsung when our upgrade cycles come around.

I know I will.

Well, let's hope that some other manufacturers start using SAMOLED screens. I cringe at the thought of losing this display.

Actually has at&t update *any* of the phones in its Android line-up??
From Android 2.1 -> 2.2? I don't believe so. Some of the older Android phones got updates. I updated a Backflip from 1.5 -> 2.1

Upvote 0
Even though I switched to Verizon with the droid X 4 days ago, a tech friend sent me a email today that linked to.... That's right, ATT is rolling out the 2.2 update FEB. 24th for sure. I am not so thrilled since I closed my 10 year old account and moved on after waiting 5 months for the damn thing. Good luck guys!
P.s. I don't have the link he sent me at work but google February 24th at&t captivate 2.2 update, no shortage of the same result...
I.e.
http://www.devicemag.com/2011/02/23...ng-wants-a-piece-of-the-february-24th-action/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones