• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung s2 better than evo v ???

The service for me would be the kicker. VM in my area is horrible, but Boost is nice, though I don't know why.
I'm still thinking about making a switch though because of the screen size and the camera. The lack of developement is a big turn off, as I have a great more respect for this phone since I rooted it.
But what I'm thinking about is waiting to see what happens with the S3 32gig version now that Verizon has said it is at the end of its life with them. That might be worth the wait.
Weird? How can Boost have better signal than VM when they are both using Sprint?

Upvote 0
Weird? How can Boost have better signal than VM when they are both using Sprint?

As I said, I don't understand myself. All I know us that Boost mobile customers (like my wife) have better service around here than VM.
Then again, I still don't understand why I live 6/10ths of a mile from the closet VM tower, and only have 2 bars of service outdoors, and practically none indoors. It's one of the reasons I am so against VM around here.

Upvote 0
As I said, I don't understand myself. All I know us that Boost mobile customers (like my wife) have better service around here than VM.
Then again, I still don't understand why I live 6/10ths of a mile from the closet VM tower, and only have 2 bars of service outdoors, and practically none indoors. It's one of the reasons I am so against VM around here.
they both use sprints network, the difference is probably in the phones them selfs

Upvote 0
they both use sprints network, the difference is probably in the phones them selfs

Could very well be. All I know is when you come down my street, and see people standing outside talking on their phone, they are VM customers. But the Boost customers get nice coverage indoors.
I know they re the same on paper, but the reality in my area is that they are not. And when you call, VM says that coverage is excellent.
Go figure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones