• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung s3 dead pixels

Blackheaven

Lurker
May 29, 2012
Hi,
I have bought few days ago a samsung galaxy s3 my unit had a dead pixel on the top right..... I checked it by using *#0*# and tested the lcd...... so I went and had it replaced the next day now this time it was in the middle :mad: what are the chances now I am waiting for 3rd replacement....

don't get me wrong I really do like the phone and the battery life and the features and theres nothing wrong with it except the screen....

I don't mind something breaking over time but when you buy something you expect to atleast have it fully functioning as it should .....

I know it would cost them alot if none of the screens had a defect of some sort but I mean how many units out there with such a problem this not just a problem with samsung I had 2 iphone 4s replaced 3-4 stuck pixels even 3rd unit had 1 stuck pixel as if flawless screen these days dont exists anymore..... tbh Id rather pay more if they can garuntee me the screen have no defects than paying the normal price and have such hassels to exchange and show them every time or living with an ugly dead pixel while watching videos and playing some people dont mind but for others it's really bothersome.

Where are you acquiring these phones? They sound like "refurbished" rather than "new." Larry's Bargain Basement Phone Outlet may not be the best place to purchase a new touchscreen device if perfection is the objective.

They were brand new and sealed with sticker intact I got them from Dubai from reputable dealer. Maybe when it comes to middle east the quality control is a bit sloppy ive read somewhere in korea samsung have 0 dead pixel 0 stuck policy for korea guess they get the cake we get the leftovers :/.

Upvote 0
are you from sri lanka?

Hi,
I have bought few days ago a samsung galaxy s3 my unit had a dead pixel on the top right..... I checked it by using *#0*# and tested the lcd...... so I went and had it replaced the next day now this time it was in the middle :mad: what are the chances now I am waiting for 3rd replacement....

don't get me wrong I really do like the phone and the battery life and the features and theres nothing wrong with it except the screen....

I don't mind something breaking over time but when you buy something you expect to atleast have it fully functioning as it should .....

I know it would cost them alot if none of the screens had a defect of some sort but I mean how many units out there with such a problem this not just a problem with samsung I had 2 iphone 4s replaced 3-4 stuck pixels even 3rd unit had 1 stuck pixel as if flawless screen these days dont exists anymore..... tbh Id rather pay more if they can garuntee me the screen have no defects than paying the normal price and have such hassels to exchange and show them every time or living with an ugly dead pixel while watching videos and playing some people dont mind but for others it's really bothersome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones