• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Tab E Stuck In Boot Loop After Update

Lawrencerk

Lurker
Aug 2, 2016
So I bought a Galaxy Tab E today. I used it for a little bit, and then it wanted to update, and I let it. it came back and told me that it had 224 things to do, so I sat it down for 5 hours and left it. When I come back, it is stuck on the Samsung screen. i watched it for an hour thinking it must be rebooting for the update. Nope. Just stuck. I can't turn it off with the power button and had to use recovery mode to power off. So I did a factory reset. I wiped the cache partition too. Still stuck in a loop. Power button still won't turn it off either.

What do I do?

It was updates for everything out of the box, and I believe the big one was an update from 5.1.1 to whatever the newest version is (I don't keep up with android versions, as this is my first in several years).
It was the Marshmallow update.
I linked the firmware above, but you might be better off with Kies

Either way all your data will be lost. I'm sorry. This will fix the bootloop.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones