• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Vibrant or T-Mobile G2?

Pretty sure it isn't true.

What is Adreno 205 and how does it compare to other GPUs? - Smartphone Benchmarks Forum

"Based on the early benchmark results, Adreno 205 is expected to be about four times faster than Adreno 200. Samsung's Hummingbird with PowerVR SGX540 is expected to beat Adreno 205 by a small margin, however. Still, given that nothing touches the performance of SGX540 today (that's right, iPhone 4 is not even close!), this is quite an improvement."

GLBenchmark 1.1 Result Database

Again, I'm not saying it's better than the Hummingbird GPU, just that it's close and on par. As of now with no tinkering the HTC Vision/G2 has already outbenched (graphic performance-wise) the Droid X, Iphone4, EVO etc. and other high end devices. I'm just trying to dispel the notion that the G2 is of similar elk to other snapdragon phones when it's clearly not ... it's actually HTC's most powerful Android handset to date on any carrier and should stack up as a nice alternative to the Vibrant.

Personally I'm waiting on the Mytouch HD because of the bigger screen (allegedly)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones