• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sanjay opens his mouth again. . .

I think Moto is surprised with the success so far of the Photon. The Atrix had anough hype around it to guarantee some sales.

The Droid 3 being a hit so far shouldnt be a surprise to them either. Some folks love that OG Droid look. Whatever they did wrong with the Droid X2 they seemed to fix with the Droid 3.

Maybe they should stay away from Tegra and stick with OMAP. But I heard the next Moto tablet will use Kal - El...hope whatever kinks it may have caused with the Bionic is gone with the quad core....

Upvote 0
I think Moto is surprised with the success so far of the Photon. The Atrix had anough hype around it to guarantee some sales.

The Droid 3 being a hit so far shouldnt be a surprise to them either. Some folks love that OG Droid look. Whatever they did wrong with the Droid X2 they seemed to fix with the Droid 3.

Maybe they should stay away from Tegra and stick with OMAP. But I heard the next Moto tablet will use Kal - El...hope whatever kinks it may have caused with the Bionic is gone with the quad core....

OMAP5! I'm really liking the OMAPs so far. Dual-channel DDR2? Awesomness.

Upvote 0
Motorola CEO Talks Global Branding, New Tablets and If He Would Like to Be First to Ice Cream Sandwich - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

This makes me wonder whether the Bionic is going to be left in the dust within a matter of months.

I hope not, but. . . .

I get your frustration, but as fast as phone are progressing there's always going to be something better within a couple months of the phone you buy. It's honestly like nothing we've ever seen before.

Upvote 0
^Those in the PC upgrading, modding, overclocking world should be used to this.

I was set to get an i7 860 this year based on stuff I read last year ...and then see there are i7-2600k's out. I had to do my homework all over again...where did i3 come from....all I remembered was i7's and i5's...

By the time my money is right.....there will probably be some newer cpu's out.

Upvote 0
It's def not inspiring words. But there is this: Droid Bionic Advertising already Popping Up at Citi Field

Now, it's not exactly inside info, so I don't feel guilty letting this out. Higher ups at Wireless Advocates (Costco) have gotten to play with the Bionic. They've confirmed that they're not only going to carry the Bionic, but they're going to make a push in advertising for it in a way they haven't before. So Motorola may not make it their flagship device, but Costco certainly is.

I'd expect (perhaps I'm just hoping) a great introductory price, and perhaps some accessories as well. Costco doesn't usually sell accessories other than what's given with the phones, but it's not unprecedented.

Upvote 0
^Those in the PC upgrading, modding, overclocking world should be used to this.

I was set to get an i7 860 this year based on stuff I read last year ...and then see there are i7-2600k's out. I had to do my homework all over again...where did i3 come from....all I remembered was i7's and i5's...

By the time my money is right.....there will probably be some newer cpu's out.

I bought a nice 250GTS to replace my 9800GTX, and the next day, the 450GTS was released for the same price. I got my enV Touch, and one week later the OG Droid came out. I bought my laptop, and one week later they had one with 2GB more RAM, an i7, larger hard drive.

You can never win!

Also, Y U NO USE QUOTES?

Upvote 0
Lol. I just upgraded my machine with mostly new hardware - let me tell you, it's hard to keep current without paying a lot of cash out.

Video cards alone - sheesh! I'm still running a pair of gtx260s SLId with a GTS250 for PhysX (yeah, over kill, but at least I won't need to upgrade my PhysX card for a few years lol).

I'm a lot more current with my i7 965 EE than I was with my Core2Quad 6600, so...

that really mena it's time for my phone to join the semi new age.

TBH, I was pretty gung ho about getting the GSII, but now I am not so sure....

This phone is really making me rethink my strategy....

Upvote 0
Motorola CEO Talks Global Branding, New Tablets and If He Would Like to Be First to Ice Cream Sandwich - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

This makes me wonder whether the Bionic is going to be left in the dust within a matter of months.

I hope not, but. . . .
Everything is going to be left in the dust in 3-4 months after launch.

Doesn't mean the bionic is any less refined. It's Moto's gateway "drug" into LTE. You know what they say about first impressions . . .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones