• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help screen flickers and stays black or keeps flickering

sobezz

Lurker
Jan 4, 2014
Logo flickers/shakes then switches to full black screen. Sound works, volume buttons work, touch screen works (during black screen and when its not black and just shaking but it's not still so I can't control what I touch), back button and manu button and home button works.

It started on its own 4 days after I had dropped it in a little bit of water and was working fine after I dried it up but the fall was hard. Screen started shaking and I opened up the phone to see if anything came loose.

I don't think it's a physical damage anymore since it everytime I have accidentally let it die it has given me that problem and I fixed it temporarily by inserting the battery in numerous times and restarting it.

It starts out exactly as in the video link below and if I hold power button home button and volume down button a still screen comes up with the android green guy logo so it's not the screen that's messed up.

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e507slRFJ4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones