• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Whiskeypawz,

Few more questions...what is the Model # for your S4...Settings--More--About Phone--Model #.

Mine is the SCH-I545 (Verizon S4). I found where my particular model # is not Miracast compliant here: http://android-minipc.azurewebsites...ast-fails-to-mirror-samsung-galaxy-s4-screen/
Samsung Support in a tweet even confirms my particular Model is only
designed to work with the Samsung AllShare Dongle: http://android-minipc.azurewebsites.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/SamsungMirroringNonCompliant.png

Again, thanks for your help!

I have the SGH-M919....I guess that's the T Mobile version. Your post is very interesting! I had no idea they would make some versions not compatible with anything but the Samsung Hub. It's all wifi direct but from what I've read there's no regulations on it yet so every device is pretty much hit or miss.

Upvote 0
I have the SGH-M919....I guess that's the T Mobile version. Your post is very interesting! I had no idea they would make some versions not compatible with anything but the Samsung Hub. It's all wifi direct but from what I've read there's no regulations on it yet so every device is pretty much hit or miss.

It really never dawned on me there are different model #'s till I googled my particular model # and found that link I posted. On the xda forum, a knowledgeable poster who came up w/ a solution for this mirroring problem thinks Samsung is also blocking 3rd party dongles. His solution, unfortunately, is for rooted S4's and pretty complicated since it took him awhile to figure it out. It's some pretty interesting info if you'd like to read it here: [HOW TO] WORKING screen mirroring ON ROOTED DEVICES, bypass HDCP and ALL of allshare - xda-developers

I returned the Action dongle today and ordered a Samsung Hub. I will keep you informed on my results. Good talking with you!:)

Reactions: Whiskeypawz
Upvote 0
Update on my situation: I purchased & received the Samsung - AllShare Cast Wireless Hub. When I tried to use it out of the box, once again the same ole problem reared its ugly head of not connecting to my S4 for mirroring. I got on the phone w/ Samsung support & they went into my phone via the (Samsung) Smart Tutor app. Nothing they tried worked. The rep then encouraged me to take my phone to Best Buy that has the "Samsung Experience" to "reflash my software". I am happy to announce the reflashing worked!
smile.gif

My only problem w/ Screen Mirroring now is the Wifi always turning on. I don't have wifi in my house but my neighbor's "open" signal is strong enough for my S4 to want to try and connect. I ended up blocking that signal so I could use my unlimited 4G signal and the Wifi Direct for Mirroring. My S4 still shows a warning in the upper tray to shut off Wifi. If it wasn't for that, some occasional lip syncing w/ streaming online videos, & occasional slight lag issues, it would be perfect. Overall happy with what I'm seeing at this point.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones