• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Protectors?

DCritter

May 24, 2011
Looking for a screen protector for the Charge I will be getting this weekend. I want a full coverage protector. Suggestions or comments welcome. This will be my first Android and touchscreen phone, moving from a Blackberry.

I have looked at both Zagg invisibleSHIELD and BodyGuardz. Anything else?

Also, heard reports that invisibleSHIELD is "sticky" in use and inhibits sliding and such. Comments?

Finally, I see invisibleSHIELD has both wet and dry versions. Comments?

TIA

DCritter

I have a Zagg on my bolt and it doesnt feel sticky. Now the DC screen is super slick so if you like that feel then you will lose it when the protector goes on.

Wet and dry version is wet you use a spray to wet the glass and sticky side of the protector and gives you more to to position the protector. Then take a squeegee and take out the air bubbles. The dry is no spray to wet the stuff.

Upvote 0
I have a Zagg on my bolt and it doesnt feel sticky. Now the DC screen is super slick so if you like that feel then you will lose it when the protector goes on.

Wet and dry version is wet you use a spray to wet the glass and sticky side of the protector and gives you more to to position the protector. Then take a squeegee and take out the air bubbles. The dry is no spray to wet the stuff.

Thanks. Is there an advantage or disadvantage to wet vs dry? Is it just that wet you can adjust the position easier or is there more to it?

Upvote 0
Interesting. Which version did you get? There appear to be three versions.

I got the ultra crystal it comes with two protectors so you can sell one to your friends once they get a Charge cause trust me they will be jealous! I wanted to get the full body kit but i ended up getting an extended battery so it will not fit anymore. Enjoy!!!

Reactions: DCritter
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones