• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Screen Timeout Just Doesn't Work??

rkrasny

Jul 17, 2010
I have suspected this on every ROM I have run (stock 2.1, all tranquility roms, and now rubix 0.3 (which I love except the single unexpected shutdown of the phone once).

My screen just doesn't turn off no matter what the settings/display/screen timeout is set to (30 sec, 1 min...)

I test it by turning on the phone, sliding to unlock and then staring at my homescreen with a stopwatch. It can be 5-10 minutes before it turns off.

I have interrogated with spareparts and the phone does have a high percentage of "running" from bluetooth and wifi, but isn't the screen supposed to shut off even with those background processes running??

I don't have anything special installed for power management, just stock stuff.

I went to the market and found some power managers but I don't have any confidence a third party app will solve this problem.

Anybody else noticing this and anyone have a clue how to solve?

that is kinda crazy. i would say you should do a hard reset, but if it's done it across every rom/leak you've used, that wouldnt make any difference, unless you've always had all the same apps. but, as a last resort, you should try that. hard reset, then see if it still happens. if it doesnt, slowly add apps back, and determine when it starts happening.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones