• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen unresponsive

A

Android Question

I bought a this Droid Razr M about a month ago on ebay the phone was in great condition no scratches or any sort of cosmetic damage. I finally set my phone up on the 26th and it was working great but this morning the screen became unresponsive along with the power button (the power button works about 25% of the time) I didnt drop the phone once nor did it get even a drop of water on it!!
Ive already rebooted the device by holding VOL down button and power button
- cleared the cache partition
- factory wipe

The power switch is probably intermittent. (That's a hardware problem and it won't be fixed by pushing buttons - it has to be replaced.)

As far as the screen being unresponsive, that could be due to any of several hardware or software problems and needs a lot more diagnosis to determine the problem. Whoever replaces the power switch can probably tell you what else is wrong and how much it'll pay to fix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones