• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen wakes automatically?

jseven113

Lurker
Jun 29, 2017
Im using samsung note 4 and is with andriod version 6.0.1. I found that my screen just randomly wakes after i have locked it. The duration can be 15 seconds to a minute after i locked the screen. I didnt switch on the air wake motion. The apps that i have just updated are google+, android system webview, and some gaming apps. I didnt switch on any notification which can wakes my screen too. It kinda drain the battery a little and i have no idea what's the reason. Pls help.

There's also this thing called "wakelock". It seems that some background apps make the screen turn on when doing background activities. I found Amazon Apps doing that so I disabled it. Google magazine. Some weather apps also. Disabling reduced the number of times this happened for me (but didn't eliminate).
I'm currently trying "Battery Doctor" which closes background apps (except those you tell it not to) and that seems to be helping too. Hope this helps. Hope also that someone who knows more about this chimes in.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones