1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Screen wakes automatically?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jseven113, Jun 29, 2017.

1. jseven113

jseven113 Lurker

Im using samsung note 4 and is with andriod version 6.0.1. I found that my screen just randomly wakes after i have locked it. The duration can be 15 seconds to a minute after i locked the screen. I didnt switch on the air wake motion. The apps that i have just updated are google+, android system webview, and some gaming apps. I didnt switch on any notification which can wakes my screen too. It kinda drain the battery a little and i have no idea what's the reason. Pls help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Arqum Younus

Arqum Younus Newbie

There's also this thing called "wakelock". It seems that some background apps make the screen turn on when doing background activities. I found Amazon Apps doing that so I disabled it. Google magazine. Some weather apps also. Disabling reduced the number of times this happened for me (but didn't eliminate).
    I'm currently trying "Battery Doctor" which closes background apps (except those you tell it not to) and that seems to be helping too. Hope this helps. Hope also that someone who knows more about this chimes in.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews