• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Screenshot with root but basic 2.3.7?

caspian915

Jul 1, 2011
Hey all, I want to take a screenshot a really great text message conversation (I was given the wrong phone n umber by one digit, so I texted someone completely different which resulted in a hilarious out of context response, yada yada yada).

I am rooted, but I'm running 2.3.7 without any special upgrades. Is there any way to take a screenshot from here? Thanks!

You can download Screenshot from the Play Store, it's for root users. As far as I know there is no non-root way to take a screenshot. Alternatively, the ICS Elite ROM and Sleipnir both have this functionality integrated into the ROMs themselves, and this is accessible from the Power Menu (IE: Hold down the power button, tap Screenshot, and done).

Reactions: caspian915
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones