• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [SCRIPT] Velocity Master Script Beta

savoxis

Android Expert
Aug 10, 2010
Pacific NW
www.savoxis.com http
The Master Script

Code:
(1) Apps2SD Tools
(2) Show or Block Ads
(3) Change Clock and Notifcation Bar Colors
(4) CPU Information and OC
(5) Change Boot Animations
(6) Toggle Turbo and JIT
(7) Remount System
(8) Backup
(9) Restore
(0) Exit

I have created a menu driven Ease-of-Use tool for using my scripts to... well... make it easier! This tool is ONLY for Velocity 4, and it is still in BETA, the only reason I am semi-publicly releasing this is to expedite bugsmashing and feature implementation. I kanged Tridents update-script so it wont even let you flash it onto anything BUT Velocity 4.

Installation: Download zip, place on sdcard, reboot into recovery, flash, reboot. There is no wiping required.

Use: Just open up a terminal, type su to root, and invoke using master -r

Please keep in mind this is only a beta there are still a few quirks.

.4b changes/known issues:
  • Rewrote JIT/Turbo section to check to see if it is already enabled to avoid bootloops.

.3b Known Issues:
  • Should have resolved both previous issues, removed green boot animation and reworked pause function
  • JIT Toggling seems to be causing boot loops. Please keep away from the JIT menu until I get this resolved.

.2b Known Issues:
  • script information, and a2sd information scripts will run very fast and drop you back in the menu. I have a fix for this and will update soon.
  • Green boot animation doesn't display correctly.

Grab it and help with feedback please. New ideas welcome

DOWNLOAD .4b​

DOWNLOAD .3b​

DOWNLOAD .2b​

Can we post issues in this OP please? I am noticing based on other posts that JIT enable sends phone into a boot loop? I was unaware of this, I would like to get a definitive answer.

This is probably due to dalvik-cache needing to be wiped afterwards. If someone has a few minutes could they try enabling, then if stuck in boot loop, reboot to recovery and wipe dalvik?

My development phone is currently on loan to a friend so there are some things I cant test for a few days, if I can get an answer as to whether or not it is the Dalvik causing the issue, I can patch it today.

Upvote 0
For those of you wanting to use this on other roms:

Be patient, after this is included in the next VELOCITY release (absolutely no idea when so don't ask) I WILL make a generic version of this script for use with any rom. There are alot of things that need to be adjusted for this to work without causing boot loops on other roms, BUT I will release a generic copy TO DEVS so they can include it in other roms

Other ideas I have for the script:

The ability to choose between kernels and have the script reboot into recovery and flash.

Fonts. Not too sure how many I should include but Ill start with a few in the next beta.

Themes, flashable themes will work the same as kernels.

Upvote 0
I am going to get my dev phone this weekend; just got over being sick. I plan on finishing this project over the weekend along with some other things.

I plan on implementing the following:
  • Font changing
  • Movement of /data/velocity to /system to save much needed space in data
    [*]Another idea i am toying with is having allot of additional boot animations and fonts and whatnot up on awesomazing or savoxis to allow for downloading them ondemand to save space.
    [*]Also the option to have a directory on /sdcard/velocity/user so you can put fonts or boot animations in the folder yourself to install

What do YOU think?

Feedback allows for better programs and more advanced feature sets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones