• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ScummVM Help

Hi guys.

Is anyone using ScummVM? I've managed to launch Lure of the Temptress and Beneath a Steel Sky on the Hero but I have not been able to play them properly. The point and click method on screen seems to only allow me to look at objects and consequently I cannot pick up, use etc etc.

I'm sure it is something simple but some help would be appreciated.

Playing Lure of the Temptress and and Beneath a Steel Sky a bit (using HTC Magic handset, no keyboard, but my trackball can click).

if you google scummvm android, there's an FAQ on the main site (google code) saying to right-click try holding the the "search" button and clicking the trackball, which works for me.

To see the inventory in BASS, scroll trackball right to the top of the screen, click items to view them, "right-click" to equip them, I think.

I can't get Lure to work properly though - the trackball will only select the first or last actions from the action menu.

(I heard a version of the special edition of BASS available for iPhone may be coming to android soon, so I'm trying to play the other free SCUMM games first.)

If you think about it though, mouse-intensive games like RTS and point-and-click are the best games for a touch-phone. ScummVM for iPhone is genius, all props to the guy who made it (and put it on marketplace for free).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones