• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card completely blank; not recognized anywhere

SenpaiJake98

Lurker
Jun 10, 2016
So, I can tell from all the searching I've done that this can be a common problem, especially for Samsung devices. However, after I've tried all the "solutions" I've found, I've succumbed to nothing and am here today looking for 1) a different solution for a situation or, if it is the case, 2) a confirmation my SD card is pooped.

The problem:
So, my micro SD Card is doing the "blank SD card" error on my Samsung Galaxy Core Prime. The card in question is a SanDisk Ultra Plus 32GB MicroSD Card. I had about 700+ songs on it, and moved some of my phone apps onto it and that's it. It was all working fine for me for about two months, and then a few nights ago at my friend's house, whilst I was listening to music it stopped play the media and I got the "media playback error" from my app. I also noticed an SD card logo that said failed to read card or something like that. I checked the storage settings, to find my card wasn't mounted and it asked me to mount it. I pressed it, it gave me the Blank SD Card error. It did this with every reboot. I even tried taking it out for several minutes and replacing, and etc.

Now, I didn't lose hope until I tried checking it out on my PC. I put the card in the adapted, and the drive showed up on my explorer. When I tried to open it, my computer said "Please insert a disk into (drive)." And yes, it wasn't locked. Tried to format it with its default settings, it would go for a second and then I'd get the error "Windows cannot complete the format. Please try again" - got this every time. Checking the properties of the card, it said there were 0 bytes free out of a total of 0 bytes.

I tried every solution I could find online from the reboots, cleanings, chkdsk option, formatting, etc., and I'm getting no results. Is there any other way to fix this, or is the card a goner?

Thanks.

If you insert the sd card ito the device and it keeps asking for the sd card tobe formated and you select fomat sd and it ask you to format it again and repeats then the sd is curupt and may have been damaged, while at your friends house where you putting music on your sd micro,if so did you at anytime take the sd out of your phone and into a sd micro transfer card,it might have been damaged when removing or when inserting the sd to the device.
The first thing to do is to thoroughly examine the sd micro card and check if it's cracked or the metal plates on the bottom are scratched,or any other form of damage,any of those will cause an sd micro card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones