• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD card encryption app

n8man1068

Nov 5, 2009
I'm look for an app that will encrypt my SD card. I don't want to worry about losing my phone and the finder having access to the information on my SD card. I know it'll slow the phone down.

'Gallery Private' in the market looks like it may do this. Does anyone have experience with this app? Does it only encrypt pictures and folders?

'B-Folders+sync' looks like it only does contacts and notes. I may need a combination of them both.

Makes me sort of wish there was a BitLocker-esque app available.

Hi

I have the same problem. Due some work policies I can not storage nothing if is not encrypted.

Did anyone had the same problem? which applications are you using?

I read about Koala File Encrypter, but is not running in the background for all the data, only for the files that I specify.

I need that all the data stored in the SD-card get encrypted, or mainly the e-mail attachments.

Thank you in advance

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones