• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD card reading issue

Gareee

Android Enthusiast
Jul 18, 2010
WNC
I'm having more new app install issues. My sd card shows it has 6.5 gig free, but I cannot install to it from marketplace.

If I unmount, I can install to the phones memory, but then I also cannot move apps to the sd card.

Obivously something if going on with the sd card.. any ideas how to resolve an issue like this?

I'm still having app install issues. If I download something large from market, say, pocket legends for example, and try to install it, the install fails. If I unmount my sd card and then try it, the install works fine.

(Small apps don't appear to be an issue, just large ones.)

Also, I cannot of course install a large game from my sd card any longer either.

I've backed up all the sd card files, reformatted it, put everything back, and still have the same issue.

Also, is there a way to move an apk to the phone memory for install, as a temp workaround? I have file explorer and astro, but don;t see how to move things to the phone memory from the sd card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones