• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SD CM7 nook color junk files.

So I used my rooted nook for about a year before I passed it down to my 4 year old and re-rooted it with a soft root on the sd card here a year or so ago. Now he's being upgraded to a samsung galaxy and the rooted nook is going to my mom. In the time my sons had it we've gone through MANY many games and now the file manager is just full of crap. It has alot of force close issues but I can't remember if that's an old or new thing so I want to clear some of this crap out of here and see if I can fix that before I give it to my not so technical mom. I've already gotten rid of some I know were junk, like a file full of ads and ad icons, but I wanted to list them here to see if maybe someone could look them over and tell me which ones to absolutely not touch (like things that are necessary for the soft root or nook functions) I don't really care about the app files, if I accidentally delete those I can always re-install the app. I just need someone to tell me the important DO NOT DELETE files. Thank you in advance for being awesome and helping my dumbass!

.adobe-digital-editions
.android-secure
.docThumbs
.helix.thumbnails
.mmsyscache
.mominis-playscape
Android
ApparatusLevels
B&N Downloads
Bluefire
Books
ColoringImages
DCIM
Digital Editions
LOST.DIR (what is this one?)
LazyList
My Files
PerfectPiano
Pictures (nook has no camera so idk why this exists)
Scorelopp
Survivalcraft
ZeptoLab
burstlyImageCache
burstlyVideoCache
clockworkmod
data
download
eBooks
gameloft
kidsdoo
openfeint

these are audio file at the end of the file list
.devicesalt
lastpush

Also if you noticed any that you know to be viral or any other kind of crap like that can you please tell me, I understand that running android on the nook is slow but I don't think it's suppose to be quite this slow. Thanks again guys!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones