• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD memory card issues

oranmajo

Lurker
Sep 26, 2011
Hello all,
I just got my first android phone, samsung infuse, and i really love. However, there is one thing that is really bothering me a lot. From time to time, when im using the phone (in this case i was playing words with friends) the phone tends to slow down, almost freeze, and after a few seconds, it says that it cannot read the external SD memory card. I go to SD card and phone storage, and it does not show that i have a card. This happened twice today already.

Is there a way to fix this, and has anybody else experience this before?

Please help.

I currently don't have this phone but this was also a problem with the htc inspire. Randomly it would unmount the sd card. But the inspire came with one of 2 cards either the Sandisk or samsung. With the 3 inspires i have only the one with the samsung card would do the random unmount. I switched to a new card and haven't had it happen since.

Upvote 0
Mini SD card reads pics,but not vids,on my laptop....why?

For awhile,there wasn't any issues with this....now,now everytime i insert the mini SD card into my laptop,it shows everything from A to Z: pics,contactees,songs,etc....except videos.People,I go to school for computers and i have YET to figure out why it's not reading ANY of my videos.

My vids will show up crystal clear on my verizon cell phone,just not my laptop.I've tried everything under the sun getting them to show up...nothing....Little help here please.

I have a samsung reality cell phone and a dell latitude D420 laptop.

It worked before in the past,and now it doesn't.what did i do wrong? accidently delete software or a driver? :thinking:

Upvote 0
Mini SD card reads pics,but not vids,on my laptop....why?

For awhile,there wasn't any issues with this....now,now everytime i insert the mini SD card into my laptop,it shows everything from A to Z: pics,contactees,songs,etc....except videos.People,I go to school for computers and i have YET to figure out why it's not reading ANY of my videos.

My vids will show up crystal clear on my verizon cell phone,just not my laptop.I've tried everything under the sun getting them to show up...nothing....Little help here please.

I have a samsung reality cell phone and a dell latitude D420 laptop.

It worked before in the past,and now it doesn't.what did i do wrong? accidently delete software or a driver? :thinking:

Im not familiar with the reality nor any Verizon phone... What ive seen of it though kinda looks like the Samsung flight for att that my dads using... Could be a different video format than ur pc is used to reading??.. I would also suggest since this is the samsung infuse section of the forum and it is att exclusive... U should try the section that includes ur phone abd ur carrier...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones