1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support SD memory card issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by oranmajo, Sep 26, 2011.

1. oranmajo

oranmajo Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    Hello all,
    I just got my first android phone, samsung infuse, and i really love. However, there is one thing that is really bothering me a lot. From time to time, when im using the phone (in this case i was playing words with friends) the phone tends to slow down, almost freeze, and after a few seconds, it says that it cannot read the external SD memory card. I go to SD card and phone storage, and it does not show that i have a card. This happened twice today already.

Is there a way to fix this, and has anybody else experience this before?

Please help.

Advertisement

2. Kadin

Kadin Member
    None

Aug 2, 2010
    First things first, is the phone stock or have you rooted it and/or changed roms, etc.? Second thing, have you taken the SD card out and put it back in. It's possible it could somehow be seated wrong. Third, I'd try another SD card if possible to rule out if it's the phone or card.

3. oranmajo

oranmajo Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    the phone is stock. just go it a couple of days ago. I did take out the card once and put it back in. i guess i can try it again. If it continues ill try another card. Thanks

4. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    I currently don't have this phone but this was also a problem with the htc inspire. Randomly it would unmount the sd card. But the inspire came with one of 2 cards either the Sandisk or samsung. With the 3 inspires i have only the one with the samsung card would do the random unmount. I switched to a new card and haven't had it happen since.

5. surlypoker

surlypoker Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Oran... Are u thinking ur sim card is an sd card??

6. dripper

dripper Lurker
    None

Oct 5, 2011
    Mini SD card reads pics,but not vids,on my laptop....why?

For awhile,there wasn't any issues with this....now,now everytime i insert the mini SD card into my laptop,it shows everything from A to Z: pics,contactees,songs,etc....except videos.People,I go to school for computers and i have YET to figure out why it's not reading ANY of my videos.

My vids will show up crystal clear on my verizon cell phone,just not my laptop.I've tried everything under the sun getting them to show up...nothing....Little help here please.

I have a samsung reality cell phone and a dell latitude D420 laptop.

It worked before in the past,and now it doesn't.what did i do wrong? accidently delete software or a driver? :thinking:

7. surlypoker

surlypoker Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 13, 2011
    Im not familiar with the reality nor any Verizon phone... What ive seen of it though kinda looks like the Samsung flight for att that my dads using... Could be a different video format than ur pc is used to reading??.. I would also suggest since this is the samsung infuse section of the forum and it is att exclusive... U should try the section that includes ur phone abd ur carrier...