• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Searchable calendar that will import 10 years of outlook data

luv2ski

Lurker
Sep 25, 2010
Hi,

I recently bought a DroidX and am looking to import 10 years of Outlook calendar info. I don't need to do a two-way synch as I am using Touchdown for Exchange synchronization and it works great (but it is not good with large calendar history files). I just need a stand-alone calendar app that has it's own data file and can import my Outlook calendar history and allow me to search. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Can't say it will do 10 years but I am using Pimlical A (not available on the market yet but Google finds it easily) and my data goes back 7 years. It is made by the same man who came up with Datebk which I had on my Palm for years. There is a bit of a learning curve but it is very flexible.

Upvote 0
I was a 10 year Datebk user and former Treo owner. I converted 10 years of calendar appointments from Palm and imported it into Google (via Pimlical desktop which I only use as a desktop backup just in case the cloud gets blown out of the sky); I would imagine that it would even be easier to do from Outlook which has much more support than old Palm. Then I synced the google calendar to my Android phone. I use Calengoo on my phone which has some great features including a very good search.

Note: When syncing all that google calendar data to your phone for the first time, you may need to set the local date/time on your phone to pre-date your earliest calendar appointment, eg. 1999. That is because Android may only sync back from the last 3 months or so of the Google calendar. However, once the old calendar data is in your phone, you will be fine. Also, if you buy Calengoo, it can sync all of the old data for you from google to the phone, but you have to adjust the display settings because you may get double appointments displayed(calengoo synced plus android synced).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones