• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seidio Innocase Acive: The Review!

Reading online makes it seem like the average life expectancy for one of these cases is a month before the tabs snap off. Is it really that good of an investment?

I am not sure what tabs you are talking about. The active case is just a rubber housing with a plastic hard case that goes over it making it a hybrid sort of a case. I personally think it's the best one I have used so far.

Upvote 0
I am not sure what tabs you are talking about. The active case is just a rubber housing with a plastic hard case that goes over it making it a hybrid sort of a case. I personally think it's the best one I have used so far.

how long have you had teh case? do you notice if the plastic de-colors or fade or if it scratches/picks up color of stuff it scratches against easy?

what color do you have?

Upvote 0
how long have you had teh case? do you notice if the plastic de-colors or fade or if it scratches/picks up color of stuff it scratches against easy?

what color do you have?

I have the white one. I bought it as soon as it came out. I havent noticed any discoloration or fading, I have a few minor scratches on it mostly from dropping it once in awhile and I am kind of rough on my phones anyways. That's the main reason I got this case lol. I keep it in my pocket mostly and I am really impressed that it doesn't pick up much lint or anything on the rubber parts that are exposed.

I would say the color is iridescent more than an actual white. I like it a lot, it feels like it has a bit of a silicone-ish feeling to the plastic on the outside. I don't really know how else to explain that LOL! If you need I can take some pictures of it, but I think earlier in this thread there are already some pictures of the white one.

Upvote 0
i say everyday use because i have 2 kids, and my env2 has been dropped MANY times because of them, and once in the toilet, too.
maybe twice, i forget now.

so, yeah, i would rather not use a case at all, but w/ kids, well, if you got little ones, you know how it goes. ;)

Haha I just got rid of my Env2 for the Dinc. I beat the crap out of the phone, not on purpose but i would just drop it all the time. It was a sturdy phone though. This is why I am definitely getting a case for my incredible

Upvote 0
I ordered the white innocase active holster combo for my Dinc on amazon ($40) with two-day shipping last night at 5 and it came in 18 hours later!

I just put it on and the white looks amazing, definitely stormtrooper-esque. I feel a lot more secure with my phone now, it covers past the camera, has a slot for sound to come out. The power button feels a little awkward to push because the inner black rubber covers it, but its just something you have to get use to. I am really impressed with this case

Upvote 0
I used the Active case for a few weeks and the phone felt very sturdy and protected. I like the white color I ordered it in but eventually got tired of the extra bulk. It doesn't add a whole lot but enough so that it bothered me after a while. Now I'm just using the sleeve that comes with the Nexus one.

my DInc feels fragile without a case. in fact many ive shown the phone too were worried about how tough it is, coming from blackberry's you can chuck across the room and have end up fine. i think the next two things they need to really work on with cellphones are battery life + build quality.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones