• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories seidio innocasse rugged

I'm also interested in anyone's opinion when they get one. I've been an otterbox guy for a while now but I'm not really digging their new holster setup. If the seidio rugged is high quality I like their holster much more plus it is available now and not "coming soon" for the last two months.

*edited to add I just ordered one. I'll let everyone know how it is when it gets here. I'm not going to wait on otterbox anymore, especially when I'm not keen on their new holsters.

Upvote 0
Received my rugged case today. Very high quality case but if you are "bulk" sensitive you'll need to look elsewhere as this is a beefy rig. Having already cracked my Captivate screen I needed something to protect my phone from further damage and this will surely do that so bulk means nothing to me. The only issue I have with the case is the little plug that covers the camera lens is really hard to get out. I took a pocket knife and ever so slightly trimmed some of the silicone around the plug to make it easier to get out and now everything is fine.

Thee holster is very solid. Felt lined looks like a nice feature as long as it doesn't collect debris and turn it into sandpaper. I'm not sure if this is a concern as I've never used a holster that had felt on it. I guess time will tell on that score.

Best feature over all my previous otterboxes is the two cases in one system. Being able to tear off the spine and silicone and still be left with a slim protective case is a big winner. I need the bulk and protection while at work but not at Thanksgiving dinner so to speak. It takes about two seconds to strip off the bulk and be left with a pocketable protective case.

Sorry for the longish post. Just thought I'd give some initial impressions. I'll try and snap some pics in the next couple of days if you guys want.

Upvote 0
Received my rugged case today. Very high quality case but if you are "bulk" sensitive you'll need to look elsewhere as this is a beefy rig. Having already cracked my Captivate screen I needed something to protect my phone from further damage and this will surely do that so bulk means nothing to me. The only issue I have with the case is the little plug that covers the camera lens is really hard to get out. I took a pocket knife and ever so slightly trimmed some of the silicone around the plug to make it easier to get out and now everything is fine.

Thee holster is very solid. Felt lined looks like a nice feature as long as it doesn't collect debris and turn it into sandpaper. I'm not sure if this is a concern as I've never used a holster that had felt on it. I guess time will tell on that score.

Best feature over all my previous otterboxes is the two cases in one system. Being able to tear off the spine and silicone and still be left with a slim protective case is a big winner. I need the bulk and protection while at work but not at Thanksgiving dinner so to speak. It takes about two seconds to strip off the bulk and be left with a pocketable protective case.

Sorry for the longish post. Just thought I'd give some initial impressions. I'll try and snap some pics in the next couple of days if you guys want.

Some pictures would be great! I'm still deliberating, set on getting a case before the end of the year just not sure what yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones