• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

z fold 3 is going kaput

ocnbrze

DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
  • May 13, 2010
    Los Angeles
    just want to see if anybody else has had this happen yet.

so yeah, my phone is beat up. it has been dropped and put into water many times with no issues to the phone. i do have a rugged spigen armor case on it. but all of that has been in the past. for at least a month now it has ben running great, but yesterday the front screen started to act funny. it would flash different colors like it was on acid or something and then it would be fine for the rest of the day. i woke up this morning and the front screen will not turn on. and it is not a a brightness setting. i can open the phone up and it works like normal. it is just when i close it up, i can't use the front screen. i can make a call or answer the call when it is open. it will also work during a call after i close the phone......so it is definitely the screen.

gonna head on over to my samsung store.....i do have the samsung care+ so i should be fine. i'm more curious to see if anybody else has seen this happen or not.

I wonder if one of your drops loosened a wire (weird color shows) that finally became fully disconnected (no screen response at all). The last device I disassembled was the Nexus 7 but there were ribbon cables connecting various components to the motherboard. I'm sure that is still the case on newer devices.

Upvote 0
    I wonder if one of your drops loosened a wire (weird color shows) that finally became fully disconnected (no screen response at all). The last device I disassembled was the Nexus 7 but there were ribbon cables connecting various components to the motherboard. I'm sure that is still the case on newer devices.
    It's weird though. It has not been dropped in a long while. and we are talking about from a bed onto carpet.

Reactions: Unforgiven
    Upvote 0
    It's weird though. It has not been dropped in a long while. and we are talking about from a bed onto carpet.
    But you are talking about a phone with moving parts in that it folds. Every open or close action could be putting stress on the connection. Mind you, I am spitballing here, and am probably completely wrong. :D

Reactions: ocnbrze
    Upvote 0
    Ok last week, my z fold 3 finally kicked the bucket. The inside screen went out. So instead of buying from Samsung again, I got another z for 3 from Best Buy and also got Greek Squad protection.

Today I went to my Samsung care+ appointment. It was supposed to be at 3pm. I got there at 245. They told me the tech just went on a break and would be back shortly. So I waited after 20 minutes they finally told me that he was on his lunch break and would be back in 30mi utes.......YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!! I had the appointment for 2 weeks.....2 WEEKS!!!!!! Why did he take his lunch break at the same time as my appointment.......ridiculousness!!!!!!!

They told my that I should not have to pay fire anything as it is still under warranty. Should have the phone fixed by Wednesday.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones