• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seidio Innocell 1750mAh Slim Battery, $33 shipped.

So in other words this is like adding a larger gas tank to your car only to have the gas gauge still read like it was your old car. You really never "know" when you are going to be on empty. Sounds like I just need that 3500 when it comes out so I don't have to worry about it. That or have a charging cable with me wherever I go. I would call myself a power user but I try to keep it plugged in when I can. I still destroy the battery though.

Upvote 0
Not really. It's like upgrading the gas tank in your car from a 12 gallon to a 19 gallon. You calibrate the gauge to read right, but you're still thinking that a half tank is 6 gallons when it's really 9.5 gallons. Your estimates on how much further you could drive are much lower than what they really are.

This all makes sense in my head but I'm having a tough time putting it into words that make sense.

Upvote 0
Not really. It's like upgrading the gas tank in your car from a 12 gallon to a 19 gallon. You calibrate the gauge to read right, but you're still thinking that a half tank is 6 gallons when it's really 9.5 gallons. Your estimates on how much further you could drive are much lower than what they really are.

This all makes sense in my head but I'm having a tough time putting it into words that make sense.

:D No worries. My only concern is that the actual phone gauge is off but all of that is moot if I just carry the other as a spare. Not the most innovative answer but it will do until the 3500 comes out. I am not worried about the bulk of that thing either. I just need performance.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hey All,

I purchased the Seidio 1750 for $33 and thought that I would run some tests comparing it to the stock battery.

It’s important to note that the stock battery has been cycled many times. I have owned it for exactly 30 days at the time of this test. So it has had at least that many cycles on it.

Both batteries are Lithium Polymer (LiPo). LiPos have a minimum and maximum voltage threshold. The lowest voltage they can safely withstand is 3.0V. The highest voltage is 4.2V. Charging the battery increases the batteries voltage. The opposite effect for occurs when discharging.

The test I ran is very basic. I simply take a fully charged battery. I then discharge it to 3.0V and measure the time it took to discharge and the Milliamp Hours (mAh) removed from the battery. I then charge the battery to 4.2V and measure the same thing, time and mAh. mAh is a measurement of battery capacity.

The charger I used is a high end Lithium charger for Radio Controlled Cars. Here is a link for those interested in the specs/info.
Common Sense R/C Bantam E-Station BC610 Power 10A Lipo DC Battery Charger, CSRECH610

On to the results. When I got the Battery, it was approximately half charged.

Seidio 1750 Initial Full Charge
Start Voltage: 3.85V
End Voltage: 4.20V
Charge Rate: 0.5A (Was too slow so I upped it to 1.0A)
mAh Input: 77mAh
Charge Rate: 1.0A
mAh Input: 504mAh
The battery sat overnight (11 hrs) and I assumed it would have leveled off and could use a little more charge before I started the discharge test. It is a new battery…
mAh Input: 53mAh
Total mAh Input: 634mAh (77+504+53)

Seidio 1750 First Full Discharge
Discharge Rate: 0.5 Amps
Start Voltage: 4.20V
End Voltage: 3.53V
Time to discharge: 160 min (charger’s timeout due to safety)
mAh discharged: 1298mAh
Start Voltage: 3.53V
End Voltage: 3.00V
Time to discharge: 23 min
mAh discharged: 186mAh
Total Time: 183 min
Total mAh Discharged: 1484mAh

Seido 1750 First Full Charge
Start Voltage: 3.50V
Charge Time: 136:04 min
mAh Input: 1392mAh

Stock Battery Discharge (not fully charged)
Discharge Rate: 0.5 Amps
End Voltage: 3.0V
Time to discharge: 95:09 min
mAh discharged: 770mAh

Stock Battery Full Charge
Start Voltage: 3.38V
Charge Time: 120:12 min
mAh Input: 1143mAh

So we can see that the Seido took longer to charge and it also took more mAh. This means that thus far, the Seido has a higher capacity than the stock battery. Comparing discharge times is even more relevant to us though as that is what we all care about. “How long will the battery last while being discharged?”

I still have to do a full discharge on the stocker. Ill post it when its done.

Now I know that this test is not completely accurate due to slightly different time between charge/discharge, charge/discharge interruptions due to time constraints or charger timer, etc. Once the 1750 has about 10 cycles on it at least, I would like to run a very controlled and more accurate charge and discharge test. But for now, this gives you the idea.

I also posted this on the other battery thread. I hope that doesnt violate any spamming rules or something :D

Upvote 0
I am hoping to get my Dinc next week and I want to get a better battery for it. I see good reviews of the 1750 but does anyone know about the following battery?

Seidio Innocell Extended Battery HTC Droid Eris 3500mAh

OOOOPS I am an IDIOT, this isn't for my incredible, I saw DROID and got excited hahah

Eris and Inc use the same battery. The problem is the back plate.

Upvote 0
Seidio 1750 Initial Full Charge
Start Voltage: 3.85V
Charge Rate: 0.5A (Was too slow so I upped it to 1.0A)
mAh Input: 77mAh
mAh Input: 504mAh
The battery sat overnight (11 hrs) and I assumed it would have leveled off and could use a little more charge before I started the discharge test. It is a new battery

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones