• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Sennheiser PMX-680i volume control

tjtweeker

Lurker
Nov 9, 2010
Hi everyone. I was hoping someone could help me with a headphone question.

I just bought the Sennheiser PMX-680i headphones thinking that the controls on the headphones (play-pause/volume up-down) would function. Well, turns out that only the play/pause button does what it's supposed to. The volume control does not control the volume on the phone or while music is being played. I'm using PowerAMP. Am i overlooking something here? The jack has 4 conductors (three isolator strips). The headphones say they there made for the iphone, but I find it hard to believe that only the iphone has this type of hardware configuration where the volume can be controlled remotely. So the question to be answered is; should the volume controls on the Sennheiser PMX-680i work on the EVO 4G?

Thanks for your help.

Hi everyone. I was hoping someone could help me with a headphone question.

I just bought the Sennheiser PMX-680i headphones thinking that the controls on the headphones (play-pause/volume up-down) would function. Well, turns out that only the play/pause button does what it's supposed to. The volume control does not control the volume on the phone or while music is being played. I'm using PowerAMP. Am i overlooking something here? The jack has 4 conductors (three isolator strips). The headphones say they there made for the iphone, but I find it hard to believe that only the iphone has this type of hardware configuration where the volume can be controlled remotely. So the question to be answered is; should the volume controls on the Sennheiser PMX-680i work on the EVO 4G?

Thanks for your help.

No, they should not work. This issue's not going to get fixed unless someone creates a hack/mod for it in the Android system code or unless there's already one done for rooted phones.

Most Android music players are just layers on top of the base Android music player which is why there aren't common fixes for this.

Surprisingly, no company seems to have taken the lead in creating Android-specific headphones and earbuds. There's a tremendous number of Android phones out there now so I'm not sure why.:thinking:

Reactions: ahfu25
Upvote 0
since i did buy the same headphones to use with my motorola defy+, im desperately trying to find a way to make the mic and the controls to work. Since i didn't know anny better i was loocking for a iphone jack female to minijack male at first. Now i am dreaming of the posibility to connect the iphone jack to the mini usb.. Would this be as impossible? - With some kind of app mabye?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones