1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support SERIOUS Lock Button and Home Button Issues.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bradkins, Nov 21, 2012.

1. bradkins

bradkins New Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Earlier today I noticed my Admire's home button wasn't working so I turned my phone off and then it started right back up automatically. Soo I thought.. hmmm... thats strange... then when it loaded back up the screen would cut out and power off then power on, so i pulled the battery and booted into recovery and realized that I couldnt do anything because the home button wouldn't work. So I just rebooted and it loaded fine except the home button still wasnt working and every time i touched the lock/power button the long press menu would pop up and eventually the phone would power cycle again all on its own. Eventually the home button started working so i booted back into recovery and restored from a previous back up but when i loaded back up, still no luck.

Can anybody help me out here please? Has anyone seen this before?

Advertisement

2. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Male
    Seeing how this is a hardware issue there isn't much we can do. You would have to get a replacement or buy a new phone. If you want to continue using the phone then the app Button Savior will do the job

3. bradkins

bradkins New Member

Feb 21, 2012
    idk... i really dont think its a hardware issue... that would suck. :thinking:

4. twogbsd

twogbsd Well-Known Member

It is a hardware issue. And it does suck.... I recommend the LG Motion for your next phone ;)

Sent from my potato

5. bradkins

bradkins New Member

Feb 21, 2012

Funny you should say that. A friend of mine just offered to sell me his Motion for $50!!! :D

6. qandres12

qandres12 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Male
    Wow! Thats a steal!! Im rolling
    (._.) ( l: ) (.-.) ( :l ) (._.)