• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SetCPU Frequency List

yeags

Lurker
Aug 7, 2010
I have a rooted mytouch 3g with CM6RC2. I installed SetCPU and autodetected frequencies. The max it will run at is 576Mhz. I created a setcpu.txt file with the same frequencies it autodetected, but also added a few more with higher frequencies, however setcpu won't run past 576Mhz. Is this the highest I can go or do I need to input specific frequencies in the setcpu.txt file?

I've noticed CM6RC2 does run a bit sluggish on the mytouch 3g. I haven't tried any other roms, but I'm sure there are some out there that run great. Right now though, other than a few bugs and force closes I'm pretty satisfied with the mt3g. Rooting your phone is worth it just for the tethering and multitouch capabilities.
Now if only I could overclock my phone past 576 Mhz I'll be all set. It may just be the kernel I'm running won't support it, I'm not sure.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones