• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SetCPU - Help? :)

well its hard to say for sure. like now I'm responding to forum alert and
posting. so I guess that might take 3 mine. and I've done say 20 of those in the day.
plus a couple of short texts. plus a few turns at wordfeud ;-)

so I would say that must be around 2 hours max. a wild guess :-D

Upvote 0
well its hard to say for sure. like now I'm responding to forum alert and
posting. so I guess that might take 3 mine. and I've done say 20 of those in the day.
plus a couple of short texts. plus a few turns at wordfeud ;-)

so I would say that must be around 2 hours max. a wild guess :-D
No need to guess. Go to Settings > About Phone > Battery use and select Display.

Upvote 0
cool will check that out thanks

8hrs after charging
1.26 hrs screen on.
56% left

widget locker was an odd app to see high in
app usuage list in spare parts. mmmmm......

now down to 35% free - and widget locker still at top of list - odd - wonder if one of its
widgets is forcing it to stay alive all the time :/ remove one of em to test

Upvote 0
Not sure that WidgetLocker in Spare Parts' stats isn't a red herring. It also shows up as the top app if I look at that, but only Spare Parts shows this, and my phone uses no more than 1% per hour when sitting in standby (screen off, WiFi off, 2G only).

My usage today has been very low, but 16 hours, about 1 hour screen on, bit of WiFi and gaming, 68% remaining.

Upvote 0
My WL typically has a clock (currently SimiClock), music player (PowerAmp), battery level (BattStat Pro) and a Minimalistic Text widget (my email address, in case I ever misplace the phone and an honest person finds it). Didn't play music today, as it happens.

It's possible that what Spare Parts is reporting is relevant, but on mine it reports WL having 35 times the usage of the next app on the list (Go Launcher), and it's not draining the battery. Also WL doesn't figure at all in the partial wake usage or cpu usage statistics, or Android's own reporting of power usage, so I suspect that Spare Parts' "usage statistics" are misleading. But "partial wake" under "battery history" is the most important to check. The 2 most important things should be the time with the screen on and the time the phone spends awake.

And it's worth noting that I don't have anything syncing in the background. GMail and calendar will do so when I turn data on, but I tend not to leave that permanently on most days - both also update on my laptop, so most of the day I don't need the phone to be doing that. So my "low usage" can indeed be low.

Upvote 0
not calibrated?

Flash the manu 1.4 kernel.

Download this app https://market.android.com/details?id=net.jonrichards.batterycalibrator.ui&feature=search_result

Do this about 2% before it normally shuts off:

Process:
1. Set your screen time-out to 10 minutes.
2. Run Battery calibrator app
a. If General tab displays fields but no values, kernel is wrong, see pre-requisites
b. If General tab displays fields filled with values, kernel is right, enable airplane mode on the phone
3. In NOBCAP, menu --> settings -->
a. Check: GPS polling, ACR adjustment, advanced options
b. UNcheck: Airplane and Wake lock. Go back.
4. Go to LearnPrep tab
a. Set age: 100% --> save
b. For
i. OEM batteries ; Set mAh: 1452 --> save
ii. Aftermarket batteries ; Set mAh: 1650 --> save
c. Register: 0x66
Value: a4 --> save
d. Register: 0x65
Value: 06 --> save
e. Register: 0x10
Value: 04 --> save
5. Go to LearnMode tab
6. Scroll down and Set Detect Learn Mode to ON.
7. When Real-Time Voltage (

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones