• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

slippyjim

Oct 1, 2012
Hiya,

Im trying to set up some profiles in SetCPU on my SGS2 (root CF-Root-SGS2_DX_SIN_LP9-v5.4-CWM5) but not getting very far.......

setCPU v3.0.7

Screen Off
CPU 200-1000
governor - ondemand

If I set the max CPU any lower 800, 500 or 200 then when the screen goes off I can not get the it back on without pulling the battery out the phone
Also after the profile has been activated it seems to mess up my Wifi as well, so I have to turn that off and back on.

Any ideas??

That's God's way of telling you that you have reached the limits on that kernel... which is basically a stock, Samsung kernel that has been modified for rooting.

If you want to play around a bit more then you need a custom kernel, such as, Siyah.

Personally, I don't bother playing around with the kernel settings too much as there is very little to gain. Instead, I prefer to go for a good kernel and developer and rely on their experience and use their settings.

Rule of thumb for me... "If the kernel and the developer are good enough, use their settings!"

Reactions: slippyjim
Upvote 0
(
Arrrhhhh Ive read about Siyah, not sure if I can be bothered with another kernel ATM, maybe another day!! :)

If your rooted and have Clockwork Mod (CWM) installed (you should have when you rooted) then flashing a new kernel is straightforward. Backup your current set up in CWM and download the Siyah kernel .zip. Now go to clockwork mod and select "Flash an update .zip" (not flash a kernel for some reason) navigate using the volume buttons to the Siyah .zip (it'll be in downloads) and select to flash. Phone will reboot normally and your good to go.

Always, always do a "Nandroid" backup before flashing anything as a minimum. Personally I've never had any trouble, but there are plenty that do, and this will get you out of jail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones