• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root setCPU settings and sleep.

z_ebner

Mar 23, 2011
I am running Baked Snack 1.8 with Kernel #6. Also using the Go Launcher.
I have my settings on setCPU to 245/499 most of the time and 245/245 when the screen is off. My battery keeps running out extremely fast with little use, which is why my settings are so low.

How can I alter my profiles/settings to make the battery last longer? Do I need a different ROM? Also, should my "end button" put the phone to sleep or do nothing? Thanks for any advice.

Most kernels will react differently to different phones.so uppity may need to try other kernels. Try the savage kernels our other aosp kernels and see of they work for you. Also 245/499 is a bit low. Is this your main setting or is this one of your profiles? I have mine set at 245/1036 with conservative scaling and a screen off profile of 245/245. I just switched kernels to a less havs. You can get the kernels at ref#2 of my sig.

Upvote 0
I believe Baked Snacks is a sense based ROM (if I'm not mistaken) and in that case, the OP will need to flash a sense based kernel. I've had great experiences w/ Netarchy kernels found here, but like Ocn mentioned, every Evo reacts differently to different kernels. If you would like to read up on kernel reviews and see how they measure up, go here (there are many kernel downloads available on that site as well). Last but not least, I would recommend reading up on this, so you know what's what as far as kernels are concerned. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones