• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Setting up a new account after canceling one

amathew

Lurker
Aug 4, 2011
One week ago, I bought a Droid Charge from the Verizon store. A couple days later, I noticed the phone for $100 or so cheaper on Amazon wireless so I returned my phone and then attempted to buy the phone and plan via amazon wireless. However, Amazon wireless informed me that after canceling an account, I can't set up a new Verizon contract until after 60 days. This seems utterly ridiculous, but I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this policy.

I was hoping to hit the Verizon store today and just pay the higher amount in store for the phone, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to set up a new account since I just canceled one I started a week ago. I can't imagine that any "intelligent" business would turn down a consumer who is willing to pay good money...but I guess stranger things have happened.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones