• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Setup keeps force closing. Please help

I rooted my phone no problem at all, but when i went to install a rom it did (google apps) it rebooted my phone and made me do the setup process again. First problem is when i get to the "would you like to set up your google account?" screen; i hit set up account but then it force closes and makes me restart and it wont go past there. i have to skip setting up my account. Is there anything i can do it fix this problem and 2) the market place is no longer on my phone.

Any help you guys might have would be great.

Thanks, Carlson

You may have gotten a bad download. Did you make a backup before installing the new rom?

If not, I'd re-download the rom, making sure the MD5s match up, or pick a different rom if your heart isn't set on that one.

Next, reboot your phone into recovery - either hold the power button down, reboot, recovery ,or if you don't have that option, power the phone down, and then hold the volume down button and power at the same time. From recovery, you'll want to wipe the phone to start with a fresh install.

Now, if you go into mounts and storage (still in recovery) you can mount as usb and be able to access your SD card from your computer to remove the old rom file and replace with a fresh copy or a new rom. After you've done that, unmount, go back and install zip from SD card, choose file...pick your rom and let it install.

I hope that helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones