• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help several problems since 2.3.5 upgrade

Snap GG! Maybe you can help with the file name and location, so we can at least be sure that there is a backup file to recover. I did see on the dev's website that they recently introduced an update to recover "historical" backups (I think that's what it was), so is there any other way of recovering data such as importing?

The folder /sdcard/GOSMS/backup/SmsFolders.

I've emailed the file to myself and the instructions with the email say to restore put the contents of SmsFolders into a path on the sdcard called /sdcard/GOSMS/backup/SmsRestore and then click Restore from the app services?

Maybe that would do it Flossie? Have a look on the card for the backup Folders, copy and rename them as the restore folders and see does that work?

Upvote 0
Lol...I used to be like that but this site is great and I've learned lots. I think google's back up services are the easiest....all kept in one place and you just auto or manual synch.

once you go smart you can never go dumbphone again...feels like stoneage phone :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones